This standard relates to the following types of vehicle-mounted aerial devices:
- Extensible boom aerial devices
- Aerial ladders
- Articulating boom aerial devices
- Vertical towers
- A combination of any of the above. The vehicle may be a truck, a trailer, or an all-terrain vehicle.
This standard applies to the establishment of criteria for design, manufacture, testing, inspection, installation, maintenance, use, training, and operation of vehicle-mounted aerial devices, primarily used to position personnel, installed on a chassis to achieve the following objectives:
- Prevention of personal injuries and accidents
- Uniformity in ratings
- Understanding by manufacturers, dealers, brokers, installers, lessees, lessors, maintenance personnel, operators, owners, and users of their respective responsibilities.
- ANSI Approved
- Number of Pages:
- File Size:
- 1 file , 2.1 MB
- Redline File Size:
- 2 files , 8.5 MB